The American Nurses Association has declared 2017 the Year of the Healthy Nurse. In recognition of this, JAN has put together a special Virtual Issue, comprised of previously published papers addressing key areas of nurses’ health, including the connection between health, workplace participation and strategies nurses use to self-manage their health and well-being.
All the JAN articles in the Virtual Issue will be free to access until 12 November 2017:
- Kelly M , Wills J , Jester R, Speller V. (2017) Should nurses be role models for healthy lifestyles? Results from a modified Delphi study.
- Lamont S Brunero S Perry L Duffield C Sibbritt D, Gallagher R Nicholls R ‘Mental health day’ sickness absence amongst nurses and midwives: workplace, workforce, psychosocial and health characteristics.
- Helvig A, Wade S, Hunter-Eades L. Rest and the associated benefits in restorative sleep: a concept analysis.
- Pierce H, Perry L, Chiarelli P, Gallagher R. A systematic review of prevalence and impact of symptoms of pelvic floor dysfunction in identified workforce groups.
- Clendon J, Walker L. The juxtaposition of ageing and nursing: the challenges and enablers of continuing to work in the latter stages of a nursing career.
- Romppanen J, Häggman-Laitila A,Interventions for nurses' well-being at work: a quantitative systematic review.
- Guillaumie L, Boiral O, Champagne J. A mixed-methods systematic review of the effects of mindfulness on nurses.
- Nicholls R, Perry L, Duffield C, Gallagher R, Pierce H. Barriers and facilitators to healthy eating for nurses in the workplace: an integrative review.